Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Problems with trying to curl my hair with a chi?

Hey-



I have a chi and I learned how to curl with it, make waves, etc. Every time I curl it or make waves, it comes out looking pretty good.



The only problem is this weird dent it leaves wherever I started to curl it- it's just this weird dent. And it drives me nuts, lol.



And also, it REALLY shows since I have really light blonde hair.



Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or what am I doing wrong? :)Problems with trying to curl my hair with a chi?
That happens to me alot too. Its avoidable though without turning down the heat. Use smaller strips of hairs and make sure you get as close as you can to the root and most importantly press quickly near the roots and longer as you go down. I also somethings press quickly 2-4 near the roots which will still straighten without leaving any individual crease.Problems with trying to curl my hair with a chi?
What i have noticed when i get a dent its because the heat setting is too high
flip your hair around the chi and turn 180 degrees. then slowly pull down. go on youtube they show you how to do it
you arent starting @ the top of your head its a crease from the hot iron. i suggest getting a chi curling iron a flat iron isnt made to curl hair. thats why its leaving a crease:)
heat is too high and your leaving it in that place too long with curls and straighteners I've found you got to keep moving.
If you can, lower the heat setting. Or when you first apply the iron to your hair, don't clamp it too long at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment