Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I get my curls to not be so spirally?

I have long, naturally curly hair. My curls are similar to Taylor Swifts (when she wears them a little tighter). I'm trying to figure out the best way to style them.

I know the basics for caring for curly hair: shampoo every few days with shampoo made for curly hair, condition daily, twist out water, use a wide-tooth comb to brush it. Now this is my issue - I use a little chi serum or biosilk when my hair is still damp - this keeps my hair soft and defined. However I need to use a little hairspray to keep my hair from getting frizzy. Then I let my hair air dry.

After it dries, my hair is pretty curly. As the day goes on, the curls loosen up. However, as people who have curly hair know, when some of your curls are tight and the rest are more relaxed it doesn't look right. After the day is done, all my curls are relaxed and that's the look I want (almost like second day curls). I was told that showering at night and letting them dry will produce that look in the morning, however how do I not get bed head? What kind of rollers/products can I use at night or in the am to prevent or fix it?How can I get my curls to not be so spirally?
Try showering in the afternoon and air drying your hair all afternoon and evening. If you go to sleep with wet hair you will almost definitely get bedhead. I have the same problem, but with waves instead of curls. I can't vouch for this because I haven't tried it, but here is one other thing you could try. Shower before bed and let it air dry a bit, so its not soaking. Use your normal products and then pile your hair up on your head and wear a swim or shower cap to bed. Your hair may still be damp in the morning so just make sure you take it down in time for it to dry the rest of the way before you leave. Good luck!How can I get my curls to not be so spirally?
i would just let them dry naturally, and once they look the way you want them , spray them so they stay like that. hope tht helps. %26amp; if you get the chance answer my most recent question it would help alot thanx(:

No comments:

Post a Comment