Sunday, November 14, 2010

Is my daily routine killing my hair?

I want to know if you think this is too much styling... I wash my hair everyother day. On the days that I wash it I blow dry it and either curl or straighten it. Then on the second day I usually try to pull it back some how and I do not use anything on it. I am trying to grow my hair out and have a problem with my hair breaking easy because it's so fine.



Do you think this is too damaging? My hair isn't that bad and I use a heat protecting serum by CHI..Is my daily routine killing my hair?
I think you're doing just fine by only washing it every other day. Using a heat-protecting serum is definitely smart! Be sure you are using a good conditioner, that's the biggest help in growing your hair. If you don't mind spending a bit more, Biolage and BioSilk would be the way to go, but there are some drugstore products that are good as well. You don't mention if your hair is colored/dyed or not... but avoid the urge to highlight your hair, as the chemicals can be damaging. Be careful not to pull your hair back TOO tightly that it breaks, and also use caution when taking out any pins/rubber bands because they can get caught and break the hair as well.



Sounds like you're already being smart about it! Good luck!Is my daily routine killing my hair?
instead of washing it every other day wash it twice-three times a week. washing your hair a lot will strip it of its natural oils.
i do more to my hair than you!



i blow drye it every 2nd day after washing it and straghten it every day



use hair protecting spray and deep conditioning shamppo that you can leave on for a while. if uv got spare cash u can go to the hairdressers and they do good hair treatments
i don't think its a good idea to wash your hair everyday and style it either. when you blow dry your hair u damage it. i think that you should give your hair a break for a while or get a hair cut. that's what my grandmother always said and she told this to my mother and my mother and her have always had beautiful hair .sometimes your hair needs a break and this might be your hair trying to tell you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment