Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I straighten my biracial hair?

I have extremely curly, thick hair. My mom is white and my dad is black. Sometimes I love my MIXED hair but it can often be tedious. I attempt to straighten it with a CHI but it often drives me crazy more then anything. I've thought about getting my hair permanently straightened but I like to go back and forth between ringlets and straight. I work out almost every day so I want something that will stay straight through it all and not curl up when I sweat.



I am looking for a temporary relaxer that isn't outrageously priced and gets my hair pin straight without completely damaging it. I'd like something that straightens for about a week or two. I need sweat proof, idiot proof, miracle in a box....How can I straighten my biracial hair?
I am biracial too. Please don't relax your hair. Most people aren't going to get straight hair with a relaxer, what it ends up happening is that you just have straightish but still poofy hair. So you still would need to straighten with heat to get that shiny pin straight look and this is literally like damage on top of damage. And you would still sweat the style out when exercising. Stick with flat ironing.



The truth about relaxers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aWlYOUlA鈥?/a>



And you will lose the versatility of your ringlets, if you ever want them back you have to transition which I just did and it's long and hard. It's ultimately makes hair tougher to manage, the sores on the scalp, the constant touch ups and flat ironing. Combating the damage of the relaxer with protein treatments. And you're hair will not grow long. Really think, how many people do you know that have long relaxed hair? Not many.



I highly recommend http://tightlycurly.com it's a great site from a biracial woman who has been there and back in hating her hair and destroying her hair with relaxers and texturizers and the like. Her hair history is so inspiring and moving. Best of luck. :-)How can I straighten my biracial hair?
hair straightener

hot comb
Sorry, but we all need that regardless of ethnicity. Try a flat iron.
Good luck with that, I would love to know if you find a solution. The only thing that works is a relaxer, which is permanent and I do not recommend.
Yeah, it sounds like a pain. You can try to relax it but why waste your $ since you would want a pro to do it which would cost a lot. The chemicals are really strong, so never do it yourself! You can also try to get your hair professionally permanatly (well it is not perm. but it lasts a long time) straightened at a beauty shop. I have really thick hair. It is a fro once it is dry, and brushed out from the waves. All the years of my life, I have kept it in a ponytail because I was too embarasses/stressed out from it's thickness. Then I wished I didn't. Especially after I saw this one really pretty girl on Teen Cribs. Her hair is the same as yours but it looked really cute! Bee lucky you have hair, especially nice thick curly hair. Put some shiny serum or leave-in conditoner (herbal esscences smells really good!) every day.

1 comment:

Post a Comment