Thursday, November 11, 2010

How to get thick, layerless hair without split ends?

So i dyed my hair dark and i can see split ends even though i got it cut about 5 weeks ago.

I already have VERY long (several inches below chest) but i want to grow out my layers and bangs without having to cut it cuz of split ends (on my layers).



i sleep in curlers, sometimes ill curl it with an iron but i use chi heat protectant!



Tips for conditioning? Shampooing? Treatment?

THANKS!How to get thick, layerless hair without split ends?
I am also prone to split ends because i straighten or curl my hair on a daily basis but i use Lee Stafford Products, his hair masks are excellent and the serum keeps hair under control. I also go through my own hair cutting out split ends, its actually quite addictive! Also I use his weather control shampoo and conditioner which i would highly recommend. Oh, and boars hair brushes are a lot better for hair than regular bushes and always comb your hair when its wet, preferably with a wide tooth comb as brushing wet hair can really damage itHow to get thick, layerless hair without split ends?
Anyone who uses hair instruments that heat your hair(regardless of an expensive non-damaging product) you will begin to get split ends. I use a straightener almost everyday(as well as product) and I get them. You just have to trim your hair anywhere you see split ends. Although you are trying to grow out your layers, you have to trim them. The healthier your hair is, the faster it will grow! I don't suggest going to the salon everytime you need a trim because it's simple enough to do on you own, maybe have someone you trust snip the back a little if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Plus, I always cut my own hair, that way you don't have to worry about yelling at the hair artist that she's cutting to short! haha. With conditioning, I believe it works better when it's cold. So maybe leave you conditioner in the fridge for about 5 minutes before you shower. When you shampoo, you might want to buy healthy hair Pantene products because those and obviously made to specifically fight against breakage and split ends. I hope I helped!
IT doesn't matter how well you care for your hair. There will ALWAYS be split ends, because almost everything damages your hair to an extent.



Get your hair trimmed on a regular basis, and just let it grow naturally as much as it can.

Also, with thick hair (or any hair), not having layers can easily weigh the hair down and cause it to have a ';triangle'; effect. So, I advise keeping the layers so the hair does not get weighed down.



And just because you use a thermal protectant doesn't mean your hair is 100% protected, and the CHI product may not even be working well for you. Not all products work properly for everyone.
you need to cut your split ends or they'll crawl up and split more. you should use a deep conditioner from time to time, and before you use heat on your hair you should use a spray on conditioner.. I suggest Shuga -Leave in Conditioner. Your hair will feel much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment