Friday, November 19, 2010

How? I need help with straightening..?

How can I keep my hair straight and looking nice and mousturized? I am biracial and my hair is tightly curly. It is a little past my shoulder when it's straight and the bottoms poof up even though are regularly trimmed. My hair also doesn't stay straight; it turns into waves and curls up which gets really annoying.

I use a Conair Flat Iron (Ceramic) and it has a built in comb in it. Usually when I flat iron my hair I wash and condition with Redken Smooth Down line and then when I get out the shower I comb my hair with a wide-toothed comb and put in CHI silk infusion and Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray.

I flat iron my hair in sections and do it very slowly and carefully it takes about a half an hour to 45 minutes to do since my hair is thick.

Oh and last my hair is also super dee duper dee dry!! (lol) and it feels dry when I'm done. Sometimes I put in Luster's Pink Hair Lotion it feels mousturized but my hair doesn't move. But yeah, please help me!!How? I need help with straightening..?
I have thick hair too, so i use this product called bed head heat protectant for straightening hair... it works great for me and makes my hair more smooth and shiny. to keep it your hair straight all day long, use a hairspray hold. my friend uses something like this:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a鈥?/a>



but i put in straightening conditioner in my hair.. it's sunsilk straight conditioner in my hair after straightening it to make it hold longer. *and it makes you hair smell even better :)How? I need help with straightening..?
A generous spritz of Pantene Stay Smooth Hairspray Flexible Hold will keep your smooth look in place for a long time.
Hmm. Try a new straightener. CHI ones work miracles (http://bit.ly/Ouinp). Anything Bed Head works great, too (http://bit.ly/93pgo). Hope I helped, somewhat!
Use olive oil for your hair, put it all over and leave it for about 1/2 an hour to 45 mins. Do this at least once a week, the more the better. It should keep your hair moisturized and easier to style. Hope this works ;)
instead of a heat protectant spray..use a smoothing cream for heated styling.(will help with out drying hair out more!) make sure you blow dry your hair completely because thick and curly hair can hold on to water. then move on to the flat iron and finish with silk infusion to get that smooth/sleek look.



hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment